Reliance Aerotech Services is seeking a direct hire, well-qualified Avionics Department Manager to lead Avionics technicians/installers for a first class avionics shop, supporting a Part 145 Repair Station Northern Minnesota.
Successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Performing and overseeing operational checks, troubleshooting, and repairing avionics and electrical systems on all types of aircraft.
- Scheduling the work performed by the Avionics Department and ensuring repairs and installations are completed on schedule and in accordance with applicable FAA Regulations and repair station procedures. This includes ensuring adequate part and materials are procured and maintained.
- Reviewing work orders regarding completion, modifications and/or upgrades to various aircraft systems, executing all required paperwork in conjunction with assigned normal duties.
- Inspecting work completed by Avionics Technicians, completing all required paperwork and job packages, and issuing final return to service of aircraft.
- Completing accurate estimates for repairs and installations.
- Meeting with customers and Company Senior Leadership as required.
- Avionics System installations (Install components to include Radio Racks/Trays, Antennas, Fabricate and Run Harnesses, Integration of equipment being installed.
- Have excellent team building and supervisory skills.
- Must be energetic, customer service driven, forward thinking individual to lead our team into the future.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant and FCC are preferred.
- Must have five (5) years of Avionics experience;
- Ability to set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform simulated functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, Honeywell (Bendix/King), L-3, Aspen, Avidyne, PS Engineering, JPI Instruments and/or (S-Tec).
- Education: High School Diploma or GED; Two-year degree in aviation technical discipline desired;
- Must pass a DOT/FAA Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
- Must clear a 10-year background check with no felonies or adverse criminal activity.
- Must have own tools, etched in a shadowed box
- Must have current and valid driver's license.
To be considered for this position, please apply here or submit your resume in Word or PDF format via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our recruiting team please call (866) 622-5086 Ext 2.